- The focus of my collection is to present items of superb design in the best possible condition for the discerning customer. Please note that even when the item is marked "mint," it is still old and, therefore, is more fragile than a new item.
- Excellent condition does not mean mint. If an item has been used, it will generally have at least subtle signs of wear. It is both unrealistic and unreasonable to expect a vintage garment to have the same durability as a new garment.
- Collectors of antique/vintage textiles and clothing are often willing to live with a few minor flaws in order to obtain qualities lacking in modern mass-produced goods, qualities like exquisite hand work and rich, hand-loomed fabrics.
- The condition of each item is described in the listing.
- All vintage garments need to be treated with care. Wearable condition means
"gentle wear"—please don't do the Charleston in a beaded dress.
In order to protect these antique treasures, I have the following rules:
- I must be notified within 24 hours of confirmed receipt of the item.
- Returned items must come back in exactly the same condition they were in when shipped.
- The item must be returned immediately.
- The returned item must be insured for the full amount. Until I receive the item, you are liable for the cost.
- No returns or refunds on any Layaway purchase.
- No returns or refunds on any Treasure Hunt purchase.
- Due to Customs fees, I do not accept returns on international purchases (shipping address
outside the U.S.). Therefore, the sale is complete when the purchased items are delivered to customer,
customer's agent, or Customs Agency. Delivery itself finalizes the sale.
- If these conditions are not met, the return will not be accepted.
- I do not refund shipping costs. They will be deducted from the total amount of
- A 10% restocking fee will be charged on any accepted return over $200.
- Refunds are issued immediately upon receipt of an accepted return in good condition.
- There are no refunds on items purchased by Layaway.
- There are no refunds on items lost or damaged in shipping. In that case, the purchaser must file
a claim with the carrier.
- Layaway Policy: we offer a 3-month layaway option with three equal payments. The first payment
is due within 5 days of the order confirmation. All layaways payments must be by check or bank wire.
- There are no returns or refunds on any completed layaway item.
- If your layaway transaction is not completed, the amount paid is forfeited.
- Items under $150 and Treasure Hunt items cannot be purchased on layaway.
Note! While a customer has an item on layaway, Vintage Textile does not accept additional orders from that customer, whether outright purchase or layaway, until the original layaway purchase is complete.
To order an item, please email me at email@example.com and make sure to include the following information:
Item # and brief description
Item list price
Method of payment
The listed price does not include shipping and handling charges. When I receive your order with the form of payment, I will email confirmation with total cost, which includes shipping, handling, and insurance. Items are shipped by Priority Mail and are insured for the full amount. Checks should be made payable to Vintage
Textile and mailed to:
486 Old Homestead Hwy. #10663
Swanzey, NH 03446
Items are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. In fairness
to all customers, new and old, we adhere to this policy strictly. Please email me first
to make sure the item is available. I hold items on an order only when I receive
payment either by check or bank wire.
As soon as payment is received, the items will be marked Reserved and will
remain reserved until the sale is complete. If I do not receive payment within 7 days in the amount and form agreed on acceptance of the order, then the items ordered will no longer be held for the customer.
I accept money orders, cashier's checks, personal checks, and bank wires. I encourage payment by check or bank wire.
Checks must clear before the item is shipped. The purchaser of any item from Vintage Textile agrees that any action relating to the purchase shall be brought in the State of New Hampshire, USA.
The minimum size of an international order is $250. We prefer payment by bank wire to ensure rapid processing of the order.
Vintage Textile is located in southern New Hampshire. We sell only through the internet with no open shop. There is no sales tax in NH.
I can be reached at 603-352-6338.
If the number is busy, please send an email to Linda@vintagetextile.com